Wednesday, August 13, 2014

TO Food Fest. Great event. Amazing Food.


“Are you hungry? Yes, I am.  Me too. Let’s eat!!! “(BusSongs.com)

Hello Everyone,

I had the best weekend EVER!! I FOUND THE BEST food and we all know how much this girl loves food!! LOL. I attended the TO Food Fest and with over 40 vendors in attendance, I had all my cravings satisfied.  

First, I would like to thank the organizers of this fantastic event for the invite.  I was thrilled and happy to get an opportunity to meet some of them.  I am looking forward to next year already; there are still so many vendors I want to try!! LOL Congratulations, on a great event and for donating to a great organization such as Second Harvest.

The day was perfect.  Hot and sunny and yes, Rob Ford made an appearance.  I just missed him by 5 mins. LOL I’m not sure if that’s good or bad? I just know, that I had some fantastic food from Vegiterra, incredible Lemonade from Lemonade Pros and OH MY GOD, I found EMPANADAS!!! WHOHOOOOOOO! I have to tell you that I have been craving empanadas for months and to see “ANGEL” and Sandra setting up those treats, made me see heaven. Soul 2 Go, really did feed my soul!!!  I tried the beef, pork and chicken.  Guess what? I LOVED THEM ALL!!!! Yum, Yum.

I enjoyed all the food I ate, and I must commend Vegiterra for teaching me about healthy treats.  The Yam burger was delicious.  It was a sweet potato patty with lime leaf, garam masala, and panko breading with green papaya in peanut sauce. I wish I had a bigger appetite; they had so much I wanted to try.  They had crispy sweet potato gnocchi. I regret not trying them.  I hope I see Kristofir and Christopher again soon; those gnocchi are my next treat.

Lemonade Pros thank you for quenching my thirst on that hot day! You have to try their cherry lemonade and orange-aid. Both drinks were so good!! I must mention their lemonade stand; it was honestly the cutest thing ever! Ha-ha

Now, I have been dying to try Penny Lou Treats and Hot Bunzz but I was so full. AHH, maybe, next time but forgive me, I saw Empanadas. It was like seeing my dreams coming true.   

It was truly a great food festival and I loved that they had real washrooms and not just porter potties!! LOL.  Great job on the venue and location TO FOOD FEST.  My mom and I both enjoyed our day.  You made a Calabrese woman happy. And for that alone, you deserve great praise!

Looking forward to next year!!! Penny Lou and Hot Bunzz, I’m coming for ya…ha-ha.

Until next time boys and girls, “remember, to always just be yourself, it will eventually one day pay off...”

For more of my blog posts, please visit my site at www.justbeingmeluvuholts.blogspot.ca.

©justbeingmeluvuholts

PICTURE TIME!!!!! LOOK at the great FOOD!!!